The Location Signal has 4 options:
- For iOS, this uses location services (requires user to grant permission).
- For Android this is available without needing user permission to track their location, as it uses the current country according to the mobile network.
- Exact Location
- For iOS and Android this requires the user to give permission to track their location
- This uses machine learning for each user over 7 days to approximate when they are at home.
- This uses machine learning for each user over 7 days to approximate when they are at work.
In many cases, mobile apps don't request permission to use the current location for the user (or the user declines to give permission). In these cases, to target an iOS user in a particular country, we recommend using the Locale Signal which will target users based on the country selected in the phone settings.